Changes to Restrictions
- Restrictions on large outdoor events in Scotland, including football matches and concerts, are to be lifted from next Monday. The limit of 500 people will be removed.
- Event organisers will now have to check the vaccine certification of at least 50% of attendees, rather than the current 20%, or at least 1,000 people – whichever figure is higher.
- From Monday, the definition of “fully vaccinated” for the purpose of vaccine passports will include having a booster if the second dose was more than four months ago.
Also in the Statement …
- The first minister has said that the vaccine passport scheme could be extended to more venues.
- Restrictions on indoor events and venues will remain in place until at least 24 January
- The requirement to wear face coverings, work from home, and meet in groups of up to three households will remain.
- The numbers of patients in hospital is up 40% on this time last week, and staff absences are high but the First Minister also said that the latest data gave “some hope that cases may be at or close to the peak”.