Childcare & Schools
The Scottish Government has confirmed that pupils in Scotland will return to school from 11 August. Some schools may have a phased return but it is expected that all pupils will be at school full-time from 18 August at the latest.
The Scottish Government has agreed guidance to support the safe return of schools. It is reported that it will say –
- in general, physical distancing be tween pupils will not be required while on the school estate
- however distance should be maintained between pupils in secondary schools where possible
- distancing should also be maintained between staff members, and between staff and pupils
- it sets out the risk mitigation measures that must be introduced in all educational settings.
- these include ventilation, good hygiene practices, and improved cleaning regimes
The first minister added: “It is vital for the safe re-opening of schools that these measure are applied rigorously in all settings.”
The first minister also details further public health measures to make schools safer:
- These include Test and Protect
- Fast access to testing for any symptomatic staff and pupils
- An enhanced surveillance programme in schools
Revised Guidance – Issued 30 July