Coronavirus (COVID-19): Island Equivalent Payment
The island equivalent payment recognises that while islands face a lower level of restrictions, there are significant impacts on many island businesses.
For eligible businesses, this fund brings the support available to them in line with similar businesses subject to level 4 restrictions on the mainland, for January and beyond.
This fund is available in Orkney, Shetland and Comhairle nan-Eilean Siar, and islands in Highland and Argyll and Bute.
Island businesses that meet the eligibility criteria for Level 4 Strategic Framework Business Fund.
Island businesses that meet the eligibility criteria for Hospitality, Retail and Leisure One-Off Top Up Payment.
What you can get
From January, grants are available on the same basis as offered through the Strategic Framework Business Fund to eligible mainland businesses while in Level 4, as well as the hospitality, retail and leisure top up payment. Payments are subject to the same terms and conditions as the Strategic Framework Business Fund.
A temporary closure grant every four weeks, of one of the following:
- £2,000 if your business premises has a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
- £3,000 if your business premises has a rateable value of £51,001 or above
Eligible retail and leisure businesses will receive :
- a one-off grant of £9,000 for relevant businesses with a rateable value of £51,001 or more
- a one-off grant of £6,000 for relevant businesses with a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
Hospitality businesses* will receive:
- a one-off grant of £25,000 for premises with a rateable value of £51,001 or more
- a one-off grant of £6,000 for premises with a rateable value of up to and including £51,000
* Restaurants, bars, pubs, licensed social and sports clubs, cafes and hotels are in scope for the hospitality top up payment.
How to apply
You should apply through your local authority website: