DigitalBoost Development Grant – Now Open For Applications
CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS
The DigitalBoost Development Grant Fund is now open (as of Tuesday 12th January 2021) to Scottish businesses. This £10m fund is being processed on a first come, first served basis.
If you are running a business in Scotland and want to do more with digital; for example to, increase productivity, safeguard jobs, improve cyber security, build online booking systems, develop apps or invest in hardware/software then this fund may be applicable to you.
See below for more details about the fund and how you can apply.
What is the DigitalBoost Development Grant?
This £10m fund is open to Scottish businesses to help them do more with digital in these challenging times and is funded by The Scottish Government in conjunction with Business Gateway and its DigitalBoost programme.
- Businesses who are VAT registered can apply for grants of up to £25K. For VAT registered businesses all VAT costs are excluded from the grant sum awarded.
- Businesses who are not VAT registered can apply for grants of up to 5K
Grant recipients will be expected to contribute at least 25% of the cost of their project.
The fund is open for applications from Tuesday 12th of January 2021.
Applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
Who is it for?
The grant is open to all businesses across Scotland who are looking to enhance their service or organisation using digital technology, platforms and innovation. All sectors can apply.
Am I eligible?
• Your business must be based in, and trading in, Scotland.
• Charities, social enterprises and third sector organisations can also apply.
• Your business must be trading a minimum of 6 months.
• Applicants must be over the age of 18.
• Applicants must be a UK resident with the right to work in the UK.
• Businesses must meet the European* definition of an SME in relation to employees, balance sheet and turnover.
• Available to all industry sectors.
*European Definition The category of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) is made up of enterprises which employ fewer than 250 persons and which have an annual turnover not exceeding 50 million euro, and/or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding 43 million euro.
What can I use the grant for?
• Buying software
• Buying IT, or digital communications, hardware
• Building an online booking/ticketing system
• Building an Ecommerce website
• Developing an app
• Digital Consultancy costs
• Software or hardware rental (first year costs only)
• Building or maintaining websites that are brochures or provide information
• Ongoing annual charges for platforms, hosting or online content management (first year costs only)
How long does it take?
The online application process should take you less than 30 minutes to complete.
If your grant is authorised – you have up to 4 weeks (from the date of the application authorisation email) to buy your product(s) and claim the grant.
Once we’ve received your claim for the grant, including receipts and proof of payment, we will aim to transfer the funds to your stated bank account within 5 working days.
All grants need to be claimed by 28th February 2021.
Next steps and more information
For more information on eligibility criteria, FAQs and to start your application visit www.digitalboostdevelopmentgrant.co.uk
0300 013 4753