England moves to Plan B
- Case numbers of Omicron are believed to be doubling every two – three days. Early evidence suggests that Omicron can to some extent evade the vaccine, which reduces but does not eliminate the protection.
- From Monday in England, guidance to work from home will be reintroduced. “Go to work if you must, but work from home if you can,”.
- Masks will be required, in England, in most indoor public venues like cinemas and theatres from Friday
- The NHS Covid pass, proving vaccination or a negative test, will be required in nightclubs and other venues where large crowds gather from a week’s time.
- In the Commons, UK Health Secretary Sajid Javid has said the true number of Omicron cases in the UK is closer to 10,000. There are fewer than 600 confirmed cases.