Guidance for Hairdressers and barbers
Guidance published to ensure safe return for salons. [Full Guidance here]
Hairdressers and barbers are preparing to re-open on 15 July under the Scottish Government’s route map out of lockdown.
To ensure salons can safely re-open new guidance has been published for the sector.
The guidance also covers services such as beauty salons, spas, indoor photography studios and make-up counters which have been given an indicative opening date of 22 July.
Key measures include:
- physical distancing with marked areas between seats and treatment stations
- perspex screens installed at workstations, including reception areas if possible
- bookings by appointment only with times staggered to minimise overlap of clients
- the retention of customer details for four weeks to share details for Test and Protect if required
- face coverings mandatory for staff and customers with visors recommended for staff
- reading materials and refreshments removed other than water on request