Guidance on moving home – From 29 June
From 29 June 2020, all home moves are permitted, provided they can be carried out safely. This includes students moving home and other home moves resulting in two households merging. It also applies to custom and self-builders looking to acquire a plot or a property to renovate or to demolish. This guidance provides advice on how to do this.
Members of the public are allowed to leave their homes in order to move home and undertake activities in connection with the purchase, sale, letting or rental of a residential property including:
- visiting estate or letting agents, developer sales offices or show homes
- viewing a residential property to look for a property to buy or rent
- preparing a residential property to move in
- moving home or
- visiting a residential property to undertake any activities required for the rental or sale of that property.
People working for relevant organisations and businesses can also travel to work where necessary in order to undertake these activities in a safe manner.
It remains vitally important that we all continue to follow the advice designed to help people stay safe, protect others and save lives.
To prevent transmission of COVID-19:
- keep a physical distance of at least 2 metres from other people wherever possible
- wash your hands regularly, for at least 20 seconds, with soap and warm water
- avoid touching your face
- ensure that any surfaces you, family and workers come into contact with are cleaned and disinfected regularly
Source: Scottish Government