In Brief – New Levels from Friday 11 December
- Restrictions at this level see cafes, pubs and restaurants allowed to open until 18:00 to serve food and non-alcoholic drinks to groups of up to six from two households.
- Alcohol sales are not permitted indoors or outdoors.
- All leisure and entertainment venues are closed, including cinemas. No non-essential travel is allowed out of a level three area.
- Indoor exercise, which includes gyms, are restricted to individual and not group exercise.
Glasgow City – (moved down)
Renfrewshire – (moved down)
East Renfrewshire – (moved down)
East Dunbartonshire – (moved down)
West Dunbartonshire – (moved down)
South Lanarkshire – (moved down)
North Lanarkshire – (moved down)
Stirling – (moved down)
East Ayrshire – (moved down)
South Ayrshire – (moved down)
West Lothian – (moved down)
Perth & Kinross
City of Edinburgh – (Government is considering move down)
Midlothian – (Government is considering move down)
- In this tier there is no in-home socialising allowed and up to six people from two households can meet outdoors and in hospitality settings.
- Licensed premises can only serve alcohol indoors with a main meal – and then only until 20:00.
- Outdoors, you can be served until 22:30.
- Most leisure and entertainment premises are closed except gyms, cinemas, bingo halls and amusement arcades.
Inverclyde – (moved down)
Angus – (moved down)
Falkirk – (moved down)
Argyll & Bute
- Six people from two households have been able to meet indoors if they are resident in Shetland, the Western Isles and Orkney.
- The Government has extended that “to other inhabited islands in the level one local authorities – with the exception of islands, like Skye, that are connected to mainland Scotland by road.”
- Level one sees a “reasonable” degree of normality.
- Hospitality has a 22:30 curfew.
- Events, like weddings, would be restricted to a maximum of 20 people.
- Indoor contact sports for adults are not permitted. Only those unable to work from home should go to their place of employment.
- Up to eight people from three households can meet outdoors.
Dumfries & Galloway – (moved down)
Borders – (moved down)