UK Government next steps
The United Kingdom government will make a final decision on July 12th.
This applies to England ONLY
These are the main headlines
- Second vaccines for under-40s will be accelerated, happening after eight weeks not 12.
- People will be allowed to make their own decisions about what is safe, instead of behaviour being determined by laws.
- All businesses will be able to reopen, including nightclubs.
All legal limits on indoor and outdoor meetings will go.
- The one-metre rule on social distancing will go.
- The legal obligation to wear a face covering will go. Instead, guidance will be issued on when people are advised to wear them.
- People will no longer be told to work from home.
- Covid-status certificates will not be required by the government to access venues. But businesses can choose to use them.
- Test and trace will continue, but the government wants to replace isolation with daily testing.
- Plans to replace bubbles for school pupils will be announced tomorrow.
- Plans to replace isolation for fully-vaccinated people returning from amber list countries will be announced later this week.